Did you know that this month is National Reading Month? I keep a calendar of such things in my folder for new post ideas. Except, well, I have been kind of busy the past two months. (I’ll write about that later today.) I was a slow learner. Yep! I didn’t learn to read until I was 8 years old. If it wasn’t for mean old Mrs. Weiss getting me a tutor I might still be struggling. She also made me learn how to hold a pencil correctly. Blah!
OK, sure, without her I may never have become a writer. But she was relentless and stern. She acted as if she simply could not believe I was so slow. She was frustrated that she had to ask and ask the principal to find me someone willing to tutor me.
She could have at least smiled once or twice and caught me doing something good every once in a while. That would have made the medicine go down better I think.
Because of Mrs. Weiss I do know how to read and I love it! Also, because of Mrs. Weiss I made sure to teach my own children how to read in fun and exciting ways.
Which brings me to this giveaway. Amy Blevins is a blogging buddy/mentor/boss of mine. She
drags me into informs me of all kinds of review teams and writing opportunities. She asked if I wanted to join her in a giveaway to celebrate National Reading Month.
Wel, duh! Yeah! I think that’s totally awesome. I didn’t even know they had Kindles for kids. They didn’t have these when the boys were learning to read. These things are pretty awesome. Goo’ness, I want one for myself!
It’s National Reading Month So Let’s Celebrate!
Amy bought a Kid’s Kindle Fire for her own children.
- To keep her kids busy.
- It really encourages them to read.
- They are pretty cool little devices.
- They come with all kinds of wonderful add-ons.
Kid’s Kindle Fire Giveaway 2015 Starts Here!
National Reading Month is one of my favorite excuses to CELEBRATE with a fun homeschool giveaway! The brand new Homeschool Blogging Connection team is giving away this fabulous Brand New Kid’s Kindle FireHD 6 with Volume-Limiting Headphones.
Would you like to have one for your child?
Here are some great reasons to have a Kid’s Kindle Fire.
- Free Time Unlimited – 5000 books, games and videos your child can watch for free.
- 2 Year Warranty – “Enjoy the peace of mind with an unprecedented 2-year worry-free guarantee—if they break it, return it and we’ll replace it for free. No questions asked”
- Starts in Amazon Free Time – Built to keep your kids safe. Access to the regular operating system is available for parents who can then control accounts for each child. When the Kindle is turned on it opens in the child’s account and requires a password to switch the parent’s account.
- Allows Time Limits – You can set time limits individually on videos, games, and book reading. you can also require book reading before gaming.
- Built-in camera (Kid’s love that!)
- Includes a Kid-Proof Case
BUT WAIT! There’s more!!!!
This just added – Now there will be a runner-up prize. A $50 Amazon Gift Card will also be award. I call that a win/win proposition! Share the love. Be sure to tell all your friends. Pin this all over Pinterest. Share it on Facebook. Tweet it all over Twitter. I kindly thank you!
Disclosure: When you enter this giveaway, you will be added to the Homeschool Encouragement newsletter. We offer frequent homeschool giveaways, free printables and encouragement for Moms through a weekly newsletter.