[note note_color=”#FED363″ radius=”17″]
Janelle Knutson homeschools her six children in Southern California. She shares practical tips and encouragement for homeschooling and motherhood on her website. You can also find her on her Facebook page and on Pinterest. Janelle enjoys encouraging women through her blog, as well as speaking engagements at homeschool and women’s events.[/note]
“Of all the curriculums that we have used over our ten years of homeschooling, Math-U-See is one program that I can’t imagine homeschooling without. It has provided my children with a solid foundation in math while helping them understand the concepts in addition to memorizing facts and formulas.Read her story below and then enter the contest here and then on the main page for more chances to enter.
The Math Problem
As a kid, I was pretty good at math. It was easy for me to memorize formulas and follow the step-
by-step process to get the correct answer but I never understood why those formulas worked. Then I watched a demo video of Math-U-See and could barely contain my excitement because I finally understood why all those formulas and methods actually worked! I was sold on the Math-U-See curriculum and have enjoyed using it with my children for ten years now.
First, my kids enjoy it! Even my children who struggle in math are excited when the blocks come out. The multi-sensory approach to Math-U-See allows all of my children to grasp the concepts being taught. When it comes to memorizing facts and formulas my kids can be easily frustrated but Math-U-See helps minimize the frustration by showing my kids why the problem is solved in a particular way. Math U See has made math time enjoyable even for my math-challenged child!
We also like the clutter-free worksheets. I have a few children who are easily distracted and colorful workbooks filled with pictures often draw their attention away from the actual problem they are supposed to be working on. Math-U-See has simple black and white pages that makes it easier for my kids to stay focused on the task at hand.
The Math Solution
Math-U-See continues to provide excellent instruction for the high school years as well. My oldest child will be using Math-U-See for her calculus instruction this year. She has had success in these more challenging math courses because of the excellent teaching found in Math-U-See. By watching the DVD’s, reading the instruction manual and checking her work with the detailed, step-by-step solution key, she has been able to complete her high school math courses independently.
A Great Fit For The Entire Family
From Primer all the way up to Calculus, Math-U-See has provided my children with an enjoyable learning experience in math as they gain knowledge in the how and the why of mathematical concepts. Check it out for yourself and see if it might be a great fit for your family as well!
~ Janelle Knutson
THIS CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED.
HOW YOU CAN ENTER THE MATH-U-SEE GIVEAWAY!
You can listen to me blather away here in this video OR read ALL of the rules below. (Can you tell that it is really, really humid here in Pittsburgh? Just sayin’.)
Here’s the thing, I really do not like all those “like me here, there, and everywhere” kind of contests. We would be blessed if you followed us on social media but we want you to do that because that’s where you are and want to connect with us, too. [note note_color=”#FED363″ radius=”17″]
Our Giveaway Rules:
- The giveaway is open to US residents ages 18 and older.
- The giveaway ends on Sunday, August 17, 2014, at 11:59 pm EST.
- To enter the giveaway, leave a comment answering the question below.
- Only one comment per household per post (all 4 of the posts are listed below and will go live on the day listed).
- Duplicate or “extra” comments or comments left after the giveaway ends will be deleted.
- The winner will be chosen at random using the plug-in And the Winner Is.
- The winner will be sent an email within 24 hours of the end of the giveaway. The winner will have 24 hours to respond with the requested information.
- If the information isn’t received within 24 hours, another winner will be chosen.
- The information will be sent to Math-U-See so one full set (1 Teacher’s Guide, 1 DVD, and 1 Student Workbook) of a level of your choice can be shipped.
Ready to enter? Let’s go!
Leave a comment below (scroll down to “Speak Your Mind”) by answering one of these questions:
- What did you find helpful about my post?
- What questions would you like to ask me regarding how my family uses Math-U-See?
- How has Math-U-See helped you to give your child great math lessons?
THE GUEST BLOGGERS & WHEN THEIR POSTS WILL GO LIVE
SUNDAY: Jackie Ryan Masek –
|MONDAY click here for an extra entry||LISA KEVA -Tales of a Homeschool Family|
|WEDNESDAY – click here for an extra entry||DAWNITA FOGLEMAN -Fogleman Forerunner|
|FRIDAY(you are here)||JANELLE KNUTSON -JanelleKnutson.com|
[/table] [note note_color=”#FED363″ radius=”17″]To learn more about Math-U-See you can watch their free pre-recorded webinars, receive their newsletters, or try out one of their e-learning applications. If you have any suggestions or requests, please email them using this form.[/note]