The story of Humpty Dumpty is a fairytale that has been told and re-told. You would never read the story of a man who was an egg, who fell to his death, and all the great men in the community could not fix him to your child. Yet, as a nursery rhyme Humpty’s story has been a favorite for generations.
The absurdity of a fairy tale does not matter, it is all about the silliness of the rhymes for them.
Three YouTube Videos Retelling the Humpty Dumpty Fairy Tale
This first one has been viewed 201,620,194 times! It was created by CyberVillage Solutions I like that it has the words of the story on the bottom of the screen so kids can follow along as it’s being told.
The second one tells the moral of Humpty Dumpty’s story and has over 80 million views.
The third video has several fairy tales on it. Humpty Dumpty is the first story.
And, um… Yeah. It is 100 minutes long, give or take. Maybe save this one for last?
Books About Humpty Dumpty
- Who Pushed Humpty Dumpty? And Other Notorious Nursery Tale Mysteries Kindle Edition by David Levinthal
- Humpty Dumpty Climbs Again by Dave Horowitz
- Humpty Dumpty Board Book by Salina Yoon
- Humpty Dumpty and Friends: Nursery Rhymes for the Young at Heart by Oleg Lipchenko
- Humpty Dumpty by Etienne Delessert
- What Really Happened to Humpty? (Nursery-Rhyme Mysteries) by Jeanie Franz Ransom
Arts and Crafts about Humpty Dumpty
Print out Humpty Dumpty coloring page. After you color him in glue him on to a paper plate. Then, cut him out and make him into puzzle pieces. As you put him together again tell the story of poor Mr. Humpty. 3,830Print out Humpty Dumpty Coloring Page
Explore Science with Humpty Dumpty
Why do you think the king’s men couldn’t put Humpty together again? Answer: The shell broke in too many pieces. Just how strong is an egg in real life? Let’s watch as these science students test this out with weights.