THIS CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED.
“I wish we had found Math-U-See sooner! We went through several programs before we found Math-U-See. I wish we had found it sooner for our oldest daughter,” Dawnita Fogelman shared with me about Math-U-See. Read her story below and then enter the contest here and then on the main page for a third entry. Read Lisa Keva’s review for an extra entry.
[note note_color=”#FED363″ radius=”17″] Dawnita Fogleman is a fifth generation Oklahoma Panhandle Pioneer. Dawnita helps the love of her life manage the family business, small farm, and six amazing, exclusively homeschooled blessings. The oldest two are graduated and starting their own businesses. She blogs about homeschooling, homemaking, and homesteading at FoglemanForerunner. She can also be found on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, and Twitter.[/note]
The Math Problem
I am a math whiz. I breezed through Trigonometry and loved every bit of it. I did have to study and study hard, but I did get it. I have always loved the challenge. When we began our homeschool journey, the Lord gave me a mentor who had all boys and at the time, we only had girls. She made a comment to me along the lines of, “Since you have girls, they will have a harder time with math.”
A prideful spirit rose up in me and I responded, “I aced Trig and my girls won’t have any trouble with math.” A few years later I found myself eating those words! Our oldest is 22 now and still doesn’t “get it.” She breaks out in a sweat at the thought of balancing her checkbook. We are praying that when Mr. Right comes along, he is really good at math and finances! (sly grin)
The Math Solution
Math-U-See uses all the different learning styles, a great combination of hands-on, DVD lessons, and workbook practice.
- The manipulatives are great. There are blocks for basic math and overlays for fractions. My children love just playing with them!
- Each level has 30 video lessons that are short, simple, and engaging.
- Each workbook lesson has 4-6 sub-lessons with about 10-20 problems, depending on difficulty. There are a few fun word problems with each lesson that really give the children an idea of how to use the concepts in everyday life. What child doesn’t enjoy counting cookies and cupcakes? It doesn’t get any more real than that does it? (big smile)
The best part of the program, as far as we are concerned is for high school. Math-U-See’s Stewardship Program is a wonderful consumer math program. It is very thorough and extensive. Our oldest did it instead of Algebra for her high school. The funny thing is, it included some Algebra and she didn’t realize it.
A Great Fit For The Entire Family
The down to earth, real life concepts, set with timeless Biblical principles was more than we could have hoped for her to learn. As a matter of a fact, our second daughter did do Algebra in high school but she has opted, after graduation to go back and do that same Stewardship program on her own.
All in all, Math-U-See is a box my children always look forward to seeing. They love getting new math books in the mail and never complain about that part of their school day.
~ Dawnita Fogleman
THIS CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED.
HOW YOU CAN ENTER THE MATH-U-SEE GIVEAWAY!
You can listen to me blather away here in this video OR read ALL of the rules below. (Can you tell that it is really, really humid here in Pittsburgh? Just sayin’.)
Here’s the thing, I really do not like all those “like me here, there, and everywhere” kind of contests. We would be blessed if you followed us on social media but we want you to do that because that’s where you are and want to connect with us, too. [note note_color=”#FED363″ radius=”17″]
Our Giveaway Rules:
- The giveaway is open to US residents ages 18 and older.
- The giveaway ends on Sunday, August 17, 2014, at 11:59 pm EST.
- To enter the giveaway, leave a comment answering the question below.
- Only one comment per household per post (all 4 of the posts are listed below and will go live on the day listed).
- Duplicate or “extra” comments or comments left after the giveaway ends will be deleted.
- The winner will be chosen at random using the plug-in And the Winner Is.
- The winner will be sent an email within 24 hours of the end of the giveaway. The winner will have 24 hours to respond with the requested information.
- If the information isn’t received within 24 hours, another winner will be chosen.
- The information will be sent to Math-U-See so one full set (1 Teacher’s Guide, 1 DVD, and 1 Student Workbook) of a level of your choice can be shipped.
Ready to enter? Let’s go! Leave a comment below (scroll down to “Speak Your Mind”) by answering one of these questions:
- What did you find helpful about my post?
- What questions would you like to ask me regarding how my family uses Math-U-See?
- How has Math-U-See helped you to give your child great math lessons?
THE GUEST BLOGGERS & WHEN THEIR POSTS WILL GO LIVE
SUNDAY: Jackie Ryan Masek – Math-U-See Giveaway Week 2014
|MONDAY’s POST – click here for an extra entry||LISA KEVA -Tales of a Homeschool Family|
|WEDNESDAY (You are here)||DAWNITA FOGLEMAN -Fogleman Forerunner|
|FRIDAY||JANELLE KNUTSON -JanelleKnutson.com|
[/table] [note note_color=”#FED363″ radius=”17″]To learn more about Math-U-See you can watch their free pre-recorded webinars, receive their newsletters, or try out one of their e-learning applications. If you have any suggestions or requests, please email them using this form.[/note]